Week 8! To keep up with our record for the year, along with results from each game we pick, please visit our Gambling Picks page!
Eagles (-3.5) vs Jaguars (Sunday / 8:30am CT / NFL Network)
- the Jaguars are down their top 3 CBs this weekend, which should make things a little easier for Eagles QB Carson Wentz
- still no Leonard Fournette for the Jags, which won’t help Blake Bortles, if he’s even the starting QB
- Jags have scored 14 (at Chiefs), 7 (at Cowboys), and 7 (vs Texans) – an average of <10ppg – in their last 3
- the Jaguars are having fights in their own locker room between teammates, and this just feels like a dumpster fire. I’ve still got faith in the Eagles, so I’m rolling with Philly to take care of business in London, even though the Jags are 3-0 across the pond
Broncos @ Chiefs (-10) (Sunday / 12pm CT / CBS)
- Chiefs are 7-0 against the spread so far this year
- Broncos are 2-9 ATS as a road dog since 2016
- I’ve just got no faith in the Broncos to be able to keep up with the Chiefs here
Seahawks @ Lions (-2.5) (Sunday / 12pm CT / FOX)
- Seattle is 2-4-1 ATS since last season as a road underdog
- Lions are 5-1 ATS this season, and are starting to really improve
- I think Matt Stafford and Kerryon Johnson will put up points on this Seahawks defense, who really misses Earl Thomas, and the Lions will slow down the Seattle passing game.
Colts (-1.5) @ Raiders (Sunday / 3:05pm CT / CBS)
- there are reports of infighting in the Raiders camp, as Jon Gruden told players they were not trading Amari Cooper… and then they traded Cooper.
- the Raiders are just terrible, and the Colts kinda found themselves in a 37-5 win against the Bills last week.
Saints (+1) @ Vikings (Sunday / 7:20pm CT / NBC)
- the Saints are 9-0 ATS in October the last 3 seasons
- there will be a lot of points scored here, but I trust the Saints offense more than the Vikings right now
- Saints have some demons to exorcise in Minneapolis after last season’s Minnesota Miracle, and I think they’re fired up for this one