Week 2! To keep up with our record for the year, along with results from each game we pick, please visit our Gambling Picks page!
Colts @ Redskins (-5) (Sunday / 12pm CT / CBS)
- ‘Skins QB Alex Smith looked absolutely legit last week, going 21/30 for 255yds and 2 TDs in a 24-6 thumping of the Cardinals
- Colts defense allowed Andy Dalton to go 21/28 for 243 yds & 2 TDs last week, and they gave up 5.1 yards per rush. Adrian Peterson and the Redskins should have a field day.
- Colts are weak on both offensive and defensive line, and the Redskins lines (when healthy, which they currently are) can dominate. Redskins cover because they’ll dominate in the trenches.
Dolphins @ Jets (-3) (Sunday / 12pm CT / CBS)
- Jets defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers has always fielded strong defenses since he was hired in 2015, and this may be his best unit yet
- Jets finally have a stable QB that provides their defense a little something to play for
- I believe the 2 rain delays in week 1 that made Titans/Dolphins last 7+ hours last week will affect the Dolphins.
- Jets home crowd will be fired up after a dominating Week 1 performance (48-17 win at Lions)
Chiefs (+5) @ Steelers (Sunday / 12pm CT / CBS)
- Browns showed, in the 2nd half last week, that you can throw the football on the Steelers defense
- Steelers had 6 turnovers vs Browns, and the Chiefs defense knows they can take advantage of that
- All analytics point to this being a field goal margin either way, so I’m rolling with the Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes’ big play ability
Chargers (-7) @ Bills (Sunday / 12pm CT / CBS)
- they always tell you not to bet on a West Coast team playing the early game on the east coast… but that was before this Bills team. They’re dreadful.
- the last time the Chargers faced a rookie QB… was against the Bills last year, and Nathan Peterman threw 5 interceptions in the 1st half. This year, they benched Peterman for Josh Allen.
- I don’t think the Bills will be able to score, and Josh Allen is not very accurate anyway. Look for the Chargers to bounce back after getting blasted a little bit at home by the Chiefs last week
Cardinals @ Rams (-13) (Sunday / 3:05pm / FOX)
- Cardinals could not get ANYTHING going at home last week in a 24-6 loss to the Redskins
- Rams had a subpar offensive showing at the Raiders, but, in their first home game, I look for them to get that attack back on track against a confused Cardinals defense that doesn’t really have the right personnel to run the 4-3 base defense that coach Steve Wilks ran in Carolina, since the Cardinals have run a 3-4 since 2007.
- Cardinals OL got pushed around by the Redskins, and I expect the Rams – with Donald and Suh – to be able to do the same.