Week 6! To keep up with our record for the year, along with results from each game we pick, please visit our Gambling Picks page!
Texas (+7.5) vs Oklahoma (Saturday / 11am / FOX)
- Neutral site game every year – 50% Texas fans / 50 % Oklahoma.
- both teams are 2-3 ATS this season
- Tom Herman is 22-1 ATS as an underdog in his career (asst coach to head coach)
- Texas is 5-0 ATS vs Oklahoma the last 5 years, with 2 outright wins
- the actual numbers lean Oklahoma to cover… but they’ve done that the last 5 years.
Georgia Tech @ Louisville (+3.5) (Friday / 6pm / ESPN)
- Georgia Tech is 0-7 ATS as a road favorite since 2015 (0-2 this year with straight up losses at South Florida and at Pitt)
- Louisville is a weeknight home underdog on ESPN
- both teams are only 1-4 ATS this season
- Louisville should be able to score on GT’s defense, and will have an intense week of practice after giving away the game to Florida St last week
East Carolina @ Temple (-11.5) (Saturday / 11am / ESPN News)
- Temple is 15-3 ATS vs conference opponents in their last 18 games
- ECU is 0-8 ATS in road games with 6 days or less rest in the last 3 seasons
- Temple’s defense has shown up the last 3 weeks & are only giving up 187 yds passing per game (which is East Carolina’s strength)
Iowa (-6) @ Minnesota (Saturday / 2:30pm / BTN)
- I think Iowa has the better players at every single position on the field
- Iowa is coming off a bye, while Minnesota got routed 42-13 at Maryland last week
- Minnesota’s defense is giving up almost 5 yds per rush (and they gave up 315 yds rushing to Maryland)
- Minnesota’s offense is only generating 4.7 ypp
- Minnesota has lost 2 major contributors (RB Rodney Smith & S Antoine Winfield
- Iowa is only giving up 1.3 yds per rush to every opponent not named Wisconsin
- since 2015, Iowa is 7-2 ATS as a road favorite
Kentucky (+5.5) @ Texas A&M (Saturday / 6pm / ESPN)
- Kentucky is 7-3 ATS as a road underdog since 2016
- Texas A&M is only 3-5-1 ATS as a home underdog in SEC games since 2012
- Kentucky’s turnover margin is 0, while A&M’s is -5.
- Both teams can move the ball (A&M: 6.7ypp, KY: 6.2ypp), but Kentucky’s defense only gives up 4.4ypp while A&M gives up 6.3ypp
Nebraska @ Wisconsin (-20.5) (Saturday / 6:30pm / BTN)
- Wisconsin is 7-1 ATS at home after a bye
- Nebraska is 0-4 ATS this season, and they’re giving up 5.6ypp
- Michigan’s defense held Nebraska’s offense to 132 yds of total offense… not saying Wisconsin’s defense is as good as Michigan’s, but they could do very similar
- Wisconsin is +4 in turnover margin, while Nebraska is -6
- Wisconsin only gives up 14.5 pts per game, while Nebraska gives up 38.8ppg
Washington (-21) @ UCLA (Saturday / 6:30pm / FOX)
- since 2015, UCLA has been a home underdog only 3 times, and they’re 0-3 ATS in those games
- Washington is 5-2 ATS as a road favorite in their last 7
- UCLA is giving up 7.9 yds per play, while Washington only gives up 4.2
- Washington has given up a TD or less 3 times this year, and no more than 21 points (that was to Auburn in Atlanta) – UCLA is only averaging 17 pts per game.