Podcast 103: Bruse Loyd, Steve Robertson & more!
Gary and Chris jump into Tuesday’s edition of the show with a discussion about both sides of the argument over whether or not Ole Miss should keep Hugh Freeze, and it dates back to Billy Brewer’s time as head coach in Oxford. It starts to make sense from the Ole Miss side.
After that, the guys welcome in Houston based attorney Bruse Loyd, who is representing ex-Ole Miss staffer Barney Farrar against the NCAA, to help break down the Houston Nutt lawsuit against the Ole Miss Athletic Foundation.
The guys then bring in Steve Robertson, co-publisher of GenesPage.com and host of The Boneyard on Bulldog Sports Radio, to discuss his win with the Mississippi Ethics Commission in forcing Ole Miss to release the redacted booster names in the two NOAs.
Finally, to close out, Gary and Chris do rapid fire over a slew of sports topics from the past few days, including:
– Ezekiel Elliot is an idiot
– Celtics have signed Paul Pierce to a one day contract so he can retire as a Celtic.
– Houston Rockets are up for sale
– Tony Allen and Jamychal Green talks have been super quiet
– Lonzo Ball averaged 9.3 APG in Summer League play
– Al Pacino picture as Joe Paterno is incredible.
– The AAC is branding itself as a Power 6 conference
– UConn and Randy Edsall violated nepotism policy by hiring Edsall’s son to a staff position
* had some audio interface issues with our mics for our interviews, and our backups were pretty awful as well. We wanted to make sure you heard the two interviews, so we did some editing and went ahead and tossed them up. Issue has already been fixed and will be fine for our interview with Cecil Hurt from the Tuscaloosa News on Friday.
Subscribe to the podcast at these locations, or on any of your favorite podcast apps!
To advertise on the site, or on the podcast, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for website and podcast stats and pricing!