– NFL football is back! Everyone finally got to see Lamar Jackson at QB… he was 4/10 for 33yds, 1 TD and 1 INT, and 8 rushes for 25 yards. Not the best first impression. Do you think they keep Robert Griffin III as the backup for this season, partly to help mentor Lamar Jackson?
– Jim Harbaugh doesn’t eat chicken: Former Michigan (and current UCLA) quarterback Wilton Speight revealed that Harbaugh told him not to eat chicken because “it’s a nervous bird.” “He thinks some type of sickness injected its way into the human population when people began eating white meats instead of beef and pork,” Speight said. “And he believes it, 100 percent.” Thoughts?
– Donald Trump called LeBron James dumb on Twitter and people lost their minds. “LeBron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made LeBron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I Like Mike!”
– DJ Jeffries decommitted from Kentucky… but Memphis fans need to pump the brakes on this Penny vs Cal rivalry. Getting Jeffries, who played for Penny’s AAU team, doesn’t really make this a rivalry.
– Jalen Hurts spoke out at Alabama’s media day on Saturday saying that he’s not leaving – because he graduates in December – but showed he’s not happy with how the coaching staff has handled the qb competition between him and Tua.
““Coaches can’t control this situation. They dictate who plays, but as far as the other variations to it, they don’t control it, honestly. Like I said, this whole spring ever since the game, they kind of wanted to let it play out and I guess didn’t think it was a thing to let it die down like there wasn’t something there. But that’s always been the elephant in the room.
“For me, no one came up to me the whole spring, coaches included, no one asked me how I felt. No one asked me what was on my mind. No one asked me how I felt about the things that were going on. Nobody asked me what my future held. That’s that. So now it’s like when we try to handle the situation now, for me, it’s kind of late, it’s too late, the narrative has already been created.”