Grab the podcast here!
– Fall camp injury updates – Sam Hartman at Wake Forest, Pearsall at Florida, JoJo Earle at Alabama, etc
– Nick Rolovich has filed a $25M wrongful termination lawsuit against Washington State
– Recruits will be allowed to attend Georgia vs Florida in Jacksonville
– Bob Thompson (@rltsports), former Fox Sports President, joins the show to discuss multiple topics:
– Big Ten media rights – no ESPN deal?
– how unprecedented was it for Fox to be involved in the negotiations between the Big Ten & other networks?
– Instead of FOX vs ESPN, do we have the Big Ten vs SEC?
– what can we expect from streaming networks regarding live sports?
– How valuable is the late night window for ESPN, the Big 12 & the Pac 12?
– Could Big Ten’s NBC deal actually help them land Notre Dame?
– What incentive does ESPN have to renegotiate ACC media rights? (and thoughts on CBS / SEC from early 2010s)
Could the G5 conferences pool their rights and sign with a streaming company (Amazon, Apple, etc)?
🎙️ Subscribe to the podcast: bit.ly/WCEpodcasts
🕊️ Twitter: @GaryWCE
👕 Visit the webstore: bit.ly/WCEstore
👀 Check out Gary on the BetUS College Football Show:
👀 Check out Gary on BetUS TV!