On Wednesday’s show, Sept 13th, Gary and Chris welcome in Mike Glenn, former boxing promoter & former owner of the New Daisy Theatre in Memphis, TN, to preview the upcoming Gennady Golovkin / Canelo Alvarez fight on Saturday, Sept 16th. They discuss the following topics:
– What does Mike think about his Notre Dame Fighting Irish and head coach Brian Kelly?
– Mike tells the guys about being told to bet on Buster Douglas to beat Mike Tyson back in 1990.
– Why isn’t boxing as popular is it was even a decade ago?
– What does Mike expect out of the fight between Canelo and Triple G?
– What did Mike think of the Mayweather/McGregor fight? Did it hurt or help the sport of boxing?
– How much can Top Rank Boxing’s deal with ESPN help build up boxing?
– Boxing judges have been awful lately – but what goes into picking judges for fights now?
Follow us on Twitter: @GaryWCE / @ChrisBGiannini / @WinningCures
Leave us a voicemail: (551) 226-9899
E-mail the show: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Website: WinningCuresEverything.com
If you’re enjoying the show, please take a second to subscribe to the podcast and leave a review on iTunes! Those two things can really help us build up the audience. Thanks for your support!